Thursday, September 9, 2010

Sword recovering

This is a scabbard that I have been meaning to recover for two years.  I forgot to take a picture of it when I finally got the coverings off, which I have been trying to do on and off for those same two years.  I was so excited I had to start working on it immediately.

I don't know what the wood is, but I am covering it with purple velvet.  There will also be some green trim, and more pictures will come when it is done.

I took this when it occurred to me to record this for posterity.  There is a brass covering for the bottom which is round.  This, however, is not round.  Pointy!  :D

Incidentally I tried to recover a chair with this same method.  The chair is sad looking, but the frame is falling apart anyway so my failed upholstery fixings don't matter.  Sometime I'll take a picture to show you what I mean.  (I even used the same fabric.)

More pictures will be forthcoming when this project is more complete.  There is a spot I seriously need to fix before showing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment